Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Happy Birthday Lukey Dear!

My little boy is growing up! Since we already went out and partied for his birthday on Saturday we stayed home and partied! For breakfast he had our traditional blue pancakes that spell his name and then he was off to school. Then for his big gift Matt and I bought him a new basketball hoop. He loves to shoot around on the back porch with our little plastic one but it has been broken for a while now and every time he would shoot the dumb hoop would fall and he would have to fix it after each shot. So I went and bought him a new one. Monday is garbage day and so I threw out the old one while he was at school. But then it hit me that right as he comes home from school he always goes out and shoots. I wanted to wait for Matt for him to see the new basket! So I called Matt and he came home early. So right when Luke got home and went out he was surprised!


THEN Luke wanted to go fishing for his birthday. So we went to one of the ponds near our house and fished the rest of the night. Matt caught about 4 little fish and Luke begged him to bring one home to cook up. Well when we came home and cut it open there was hardly any meat on the little thing....so Luke had to settle for spaghetti. (thank goodness. Matt threw the fish in the trash and our garage has been stinking for days :) Then we had cake. What a fun birthday!

Luke is growing up so much. I am so proud of the wonderful student that he is, and it tickles me to see the love of reading and learning that he has. He is just like Matt and remembers facts so well. He is such a great friend to everyone and is always great to look out for his friends and make sure he doesn't leave them out. He is very responsible...he makes his own lunch everyday and is sure to clean up after himself. He rides his bike to school and is sure not to stop and play around but get right home so I don't have to worry. He is getting to the point in piano that he can practice on his own and is getting soooo good. He is respectful of adults and it's fun to see him carry on conversations and understand grown up humor. He loves sports and is always out practicing basketball or baseball with his friends in our back yard. I love the moments when he will just come up and put his arms around me and hug me or when he wants me to scratch his back at night as he is going to sleep. I love you Luke! Happy Birthday!










4 comments:

Christie said...

Happy B-day Luke!!! You are such a handsome dude. We miss you and your brother and sisters so much. Im so glad you had a great birthday, and are growing to be such a great man. Love you tons!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Gillespie said...

Happy Birthday, Luke! Grandpa and I are very proud of you also. I'm so glad you love to read and also that you are loving piano. What a great blessing that will be one day when you are serving your mission and you are the only elder who can play for church meetings!
Keep shooting those hoops! Sure do love you!

Greg and Wendy said...

Sounds like it was a great birthday, Luke! You are so blessed to have a Daddy who has some flexibility in his work schedule and can come home early for such special occasions! Your Mom paid you quite a tribute and we totally agree you are all these things and more! We couldn't be more proud of our oldest Florida grandson! Have Mom post a video of you playing the piano again so we can hear you! It is music to our ears!

Jocelyn said...

I LOVE that third picture of him. And I have hopes that my kids will be great like yours one day. Seriously. You guys are awesome. We MISS you!!!