Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

What a wonderful day! I LOVE Easter! It was so neat because we my friend that I visit teach, Maria DeRuyter, came to church with us. She is trying her hardest to make it back into activity and so it was an extra special Easter treat to have her with us. And the talks were wonderful. One lady bore testimony of the plan of salvation as she talked about her baby they lost when she was 8 1/2 months pregnant with him. How hard that must of been, I couldn't stop the tears as she told of how she held him in the hospital and he lay lifeless in her arms. But how wonderful that we have the gospel and know she will someday be with him again. I am so grateful for the Savior and for all that he did for us! Thank goodness for the Atonement because I feel it's affects daily as I repent of my daily short comings! I am grateful for his perfect example and most especially that because of his death and resurrection then I can be with my family FOREVER! I love my Savior.


The morning went so smoothly, the kids found their Easter baskets, then their eggs they colored and then they went out back and found more Easter eggs that the Easter bunny left! This is the FIRST year Emma didn't fall while finding eggs. She is usually running around like a crazy woman and it never fails that she falls and her eggs go flying. Always a highlight for Matt and I to watch :) But this year no falling...she says it was because she was in her pajamas and not her dress. So next year she will be back in her dress :) he he he.

We had a wonderful dinner and Emma did the cutest thing...she had made name cards and put them on the table and then she took some of the plastic eggs and wrote things about her family...for example
  • I really really really love my family
  • My family is cool
  • I love playing games with my family
  • I love playing spoons with my family
  • My family is so so so so cool
She passed around the eggs and we each got to read things about our family. So cute!
















Talk about flexible :) Matt was holding her so funny!



5 comments:

Christie said...

Such a cute little family. I remember the days. Cherish each and every moment!!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Gillespie said...

Sounds like a very special Easter Sunday for all of you. We missed you - I think Tyler & Anna missed you more as you have all spent the past several Easters together. How thoughtful of you, Emma! You always make special memories for your family!

Greg and Wendy said...

Emma, you are such a thoughtful girl...just like your Mom! A beautiful family around a beautifully-set table! Matt, love the pink tie with Eva's pink dress! Thanks also for your testimony, Sara. I loved it.

Greg and Wendy said...

I love the picture of the four kids in Easter attire! Emma, your hair has grown several inches since we were there in February. Just beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

Your Easter table is beautiful!