Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Birthday HUBBY!

Happy Birthday Matt! What a FUN day! Gavin, Eva and I went out to eat with Matt for lunch and while at lunch he decided he couldn't get himself to go back to work and so he called his Administrative Assistant and asked her to shut down his computer and lock it up! YES! I love when that happens :) So he and Gavin went fishing while I ran around and got the rest of his birthday surprises ready.


I surprised Matt and got him a Xoom...if you don't know what that is, it's like an ipad. I knew he would own one someday soon because he has been drooling over it since it came out, so I might as well get it for him rather then being mad at him for going and getting it for himself :) he he he. I did what I used to do to my brothers when we were younger, I used 3 boxes and then wrapped his present like 10 times :) At one point he thought it was a box to a Xoom or some kind of electronic but when he flipped it over it was the box to Emma's DS...ha ha ha. He was very excited when he finally got to the actual gift. He also got a Ray's t-shirt and a Steelers cup.

Then we had THE FUNNEST night!!! We went to Tampa for a Tampa Bay Rays baseball game! Talk about a fun night. Luke was in shock and bright eyed the whole game and filled us in on info on the different players. The stadium was HUGE. I never realized that the games we have watched on t.v. are INDOOR! Even though the Rays lost we still had a blast. We didn't get home until 2:00 a.m. and were EXHAUSTED! But it was worth it. I was impressed with Eva, she was such a trooper and lasted most of the game and then fell asleep on my lap. What a good baby.

I am so grateful for such an amazing husband who works so hard to support our family and give us the best life. He is so fun to be with and he is constantly making me laugh. I cherish all the fun memories we make. He always makes me feel like a princess! He makes me feel good about myself and the work I do around the house and with the kids. I love that he works so hard at his calling and loves the youth of our stake. He is so knowledgeable, he is my dictionary, encyclopedia, and google. I feel so secure with him by my side and am grateful for his friendship! Happy Birthday Matt!


I love this picture because this is how it is around here most of the time we are all crashing on our bed...he opened his presents right before leaving for work (please excuse the shirtless boys - it was in the morning and this is how they sleep)



Gotta love the cupcake dance




I had to stick one in of me and Matt to prove I was really there...I'm behind the camera most of the time :)







2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday, Matt! You are so blessed in every way! What a beautiful tribute Sara paid you! Is there anything greater than being adored by your wife and kids? You have been and continue to be very blessed for good choices!

And WOW, that stadium is huge! I had no idea, either. So glad you are making wonderful memories with your family! Love you tons, hon!

Jocelyn said...

I loved this post. Matt is so great.

He said on Facebook that he turned 40 while trying to get into his present from you. haha! I understood completely your reasoning for getting him the Xoom. I'm the exact same way with Stanton! ha!

Looks like a really great birthday. And I LOVE the look on Luke's face during the cupcake dance. Rad.