Friday, August 22, 2008

What do you do on day 4 of rain...build a fort!


I was checking out my friends blog and she showed a picture of her kids blanket forts they had built...that was my favorite thing to do as a kid! So today the kids were getting a little stir crazy not being able to go out AGAIN because of rain...and school was cancelled AGAIN and so it was the perfect build a fort day! I got a little nostalgic :) Very impressive fort - they had the help of Nicholas and Brooke (our neighbors). Gavin was a terror and would come and jump on top of the blankets and destroy their fort and so I had to bring out the gate and keep him upstairs...(I've attached a picture of him too so you can see the torture)




7 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Building forts is such a fond memory of when our four were little! It truly was a favorite thing to do. This fort, however, is a masterpiece! The picture of Gavin is hilarious!

PS Is your garden rained out?

Christie said...

Oh poor Gavin!!! Breaks my heart, it's tough being the little guy. Love Ya

Anonymous said...

I warned you that blanket forts were of the devil! Look what they did to cute little Gavin?!

McKelle said...

I loved making forts too, and tried to help Ty's kids and Gwen make one a while back. Gwen didn't get it at first that you couldn't walk on top of the blankets too. After a few times of falling through I think she got it. It is a great way to pass the time. Sorry about the rain.

Alisha said...

That is so funny...WE BUILT FORTS YESTERDAY!!! The SAME exact thing...chairs and blankets...the works!!!!! I thought it was my thing..guess not...and I take pictures of everything..but didn't even think to take pictures of the forts we made. Anyway, great minds think alike. =)

Heidi Reid said...

Sar,

Remember when we would use the bean bags as our cars? Or when we used the ping pong table and the card tables so that we all got our own room? We would play all weekend! We have started to use sheets and clothespins. We get calls from neighbor kids when it rains because they know it is a fort day at the Reids! Fun pictures. I have decided that you are the best blogger ever!

Love you!

Heidi

Jocelyn said...

Gavin is cracking me up in that picture!