Monday, August 25, 2008

It's times like these that make you update your 72 hour kit!







This picture is not a lake...it is our street that leads to our house! It is a bad picture because it was taken from my phone so I don't think you can tell how deep that water is...it was up to one guy's knees! The water went across and covered the curb and sidewalk. There was a HUGE line of cars on the street and finally I got out to see what was going on. There were tons of cars stalled in the middle of the water that tried to make it through. After sitting there for about 35 minutes I got the kids out of the car (I parked on a nearby street) and we walked half the way home and then my friend saw us and picked us up in her big truck! Can you believe it rained AGAIN today, actually it POURED today and this is what happened. Our retention ponds are FULL and if we get more rain I am afraid to see what happens. Needless to say we will be checking on our flood insurance tomorrow. Let's pray the next tropical storm/hurricane Gustav stays AWAY!


Can you guess what we did for FHE tonight??? You guessed it we updated our 72 hour kits and came up with a plan if we have a flood...Tyler and Anna can we come stay with you?



10 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

There is high and dry ground here! Heavy on the dry!!! We would love to have you live here with us for as long as it takes! It is times like these that make us really wish you were closer--even more so than usual! 8 days of rain! Unbelievable! Has your home taken any hurt yet? What a wise plan to update your 72-hour kits and make plans and preparations for what could happen! Perhaps you should purchase a row boat! We'll call you today. Love you very much and stay safe!]
Love, Mom and Dad

Lori Wilson said...

Aaaaaa! Rain, rain, go away!!! Hope all is well. Keep us posted. We'll be watching the weather channel and thinking of you. :)

Kellie said...

AAAHHH I feel your pain. We have been having some tropical weather here too. Thank goodness for 72 hr. kits when the shelves at Walmart are bare and the electricity is out!

Christie said...

Could you quit being so selfish and share some of that rain with us. Scott is starting to burn up at the farm. We really need some tropical something. Hope the house is ok and most of all that you are all ok. Sure glad we aren't at Disneyworld right now!!! Love ya Christie

Heidi Reid said...

Sara,

I have the perfect solution. Swiss Days is this weekend and you could fly home just in time! I really am worried about you. Remember our favorite tradition? I hope you are all well. Please take care of yourselves. We will keep you in our prayers.

Love you!

Heidi

~LisaLou~ said...

Hi Sar,
Heidi has the right idea! I'll meet you girls at Swiss Days! (Just don't let the rain follow you there!)
My sister has been slaving away getting ready for her booth. I always feel left out when I don't get to go!
Wow, I can't believe how flooded it is there. Hope you don't get much more.
Love ya, Lisa

kim and morgan said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! Build an ark!

Wendi said...

What a great blog, adorable family, and crazy post! Not sure what I would do if my street looked like that.. Invest in a kayak?! Hope the weather mellows soon! I'm so glad we are connected again. It's been too long.

Lori Wilson said...

Hey, are you guys okay? Seems like you haven't had any direct hits with all these crazy hurricanes. But maybe you're flooded out from all the rain anyway. I've missed your updates on your blog. Hope all is well. All our love.

Heather Ann said...

Wow its crazy how dangerous the weather CAN be! Hang in there, and I'm sure it will be the end of it!! It makes ya appreciate those sunny days a little more, huh!?