Friday, July 22, 2011

The Final Fantastic Festivities before our move...

We have soooo many wonderful friends and it was great to be able to get together with most of them before we leave....Luke's friends Ethan and Grant came over and gave him a gift and then he went swimming with them and hung out for a couple of hours. I had tears in my eyes when I saw him have to say goodbye. Then on Monday we had Family Night with a few of the families from the ward at the beach! Talk about a great night of chatting, relaxing, and kids having fun. It was a perfect evening. I don't know how I got blessed with such wonderful friends, but they are amazing. Beckie came to my house before we got home from Utah and brought milk, orange, juice, muffins and bananas for breakfast because she knew I had a late flight and would need that in the morning. I swear she is always a step ahead of me and knows what I need before I know what I need! She is always calling asking if she can take my kids while I am busy with this and that. She is amazing. And Amy is always there for me...taking my kids, giving me things, there when I need to talk! I LOVE her and will miss her tremendously!


Tuesday the movers came and got started on the house and I did much better then I did the previous week when they first came. Wednesday they came to finish the packing and they started loading. Then we had a spontaneous neighborhood party. My friend Kristine came over with her kids, a few from across the street and soon we had a bunch of kids playing basketball, baseball, riding bikes, scooters, and eating Popsicles. Liz, from next door, came over after she got back from work and there were many tears shed as I hugged her tight and thought about what a great neighbor and friend she has been. She is truly one of my best friends and has been there for me through many little adventures, whether it be breaking the water main, checking my head for lice the first time the kids came home with that dreaded letter that someone in their class has lice, or when we had to scoop and shop vac water out of her laundry room after she flooded it. I could ask her for the shirt off her back and I'm sure she wouldn't even hesitate to give it to me! I love her! Then on Thursday after the movers left we went out to dinner with Mikey. Mikey is one of the boys from our ward whom we have become close with this last year. He has been coming over for Family Home Evening and dinner quite a few times. He recently got his mission call to Ogden, Utah! He is such a great kid and I am so excited for him to go out and learn to WORK :)

So yes we have said our goodbyes and now it is time!!!! CHINA HERE WE COME!


Ethan, Grant and Luke...the 3 Amigos!













Spontaneous neighborhood party!!!!!!!!!!!



Soon to be Elder Mikey Mitchell!!!!!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Hey thats our mission, we will watch out for Elder Mitchell. If you have any correspondence with him. Tell him to look us up if he comes to Tremonton. Love your post. Can you blog in China? Hope so!!!

Greg and Wendy said...

Love you, Sara, for many reasons, but your flexibility and spontaneity are toward the top of the list! So glad you're my wonderful daughter-in-law! The kids have truly had great friends and because of their sweet personalities, they will gain many, many more!