Monday, October 27, 2008

OK I was wrong!

I really didn't think it was necessary for Matt to stay home from work, I thought he was using me as an excuse to get out of work. OK I WAS WRONG! I can hardly do anything! I am hopping and crawling everywhere and Gavin gets ticked off when I use my crutches and stands right in front of me and screams until I put the crutches down and hold him. Hmmmm things would have been VERY difficult today if Matt weren't home. He is SPOILING ME! He got the kids ready for school, made their lunches, not only took our kids but my friends kids to school (not only 1 school...he had to go to the elementary AND the preschool), made me breakfast, cleaned the dishes, started the laundry, is cleaning all the bathrooms, took all the kids toys that were out away (yes took them away...he is laying down the law :) WHAT A MAN! I feel like I am watching Mr. Mom! I just need a vacuum named Jaws and instead of breaking our little boy of his blanky maybe he can work on Gavin and his binky :)


MR. MOM QUOTE: [Trying to get Kenny to give up his security blanket]

Jack Butler: I understand that you little guys start out with your woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they are terrific. But pretty soon, a woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads Ken. That's serious. :)

10 comments:

Andreared said...

Sara!!! I'm so sorry!! Do you need anything? I'm so glad Matt is taking good care of you. Let him! You deserve it!

Christie said...

Oh, Matt,
You're just showing off cuz you knew that Sara would blog about you, right!!!! You're a good man. Nate said he talked to you the other day. He has decided to take the Matt Rose life plan, wow I feel like I'm living your life again. In the end I hope he ends up with the prize you did. It will be all worth it, if he gets a Sara!!!

Jocelyn said...

Live that one up, Sar! I love when Dads do stuff like that.

Hope you're feeling well soon.

~LisaLou~ said...

Way to go Matt!
Geeze Sar, that does look pretty bad. They wrapped you up good! I hope it heals fast.
Carly says: I hope you feel better. Tell Luke and Emma that I miss them and I hope I will see them again someday!
Love you guys, Lisa and Carly

Amy said...

Ahhh...my favorite sight. A man doing housework. LOVE-IT! And it leaves a lasting impression. Kinsey just made a list of things she wants in her husband someday, and she wrote..."someone that is as helpful around that house as my dad". So Matt...Emma is watching. Way to go taking care of that wife of yours. And Sara...it is about time you get to take it easy and let other people pamper you. I am SO glad that this did not happen before the Tri. Happy hopping. Hang in there.

The Reids said...

Anything for attention Sara.....

Heidi Reid said...

Sar,

You realize that Jeff left that last comment, not me! I am still sending your brave prize! Thanks for the call. I felt like I was there holding your hand. lol. Love and miss you!

Heidi

kim and morgan said...

Does Matt do house calls? I'll hire him... does he take Visa or Master Card?

Grandma and Grandpa Gillespie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alisha said...

Sara! I love this post. I am sorry you cut your foot! When I had Natalie on a Monday morning, I had a hard recovery & didn't get released from the hospital til Friday afternoon...when I got home, the boys were dressing themselves (no assistance), the sippy cups were out the window and they were doing small chores like putting their clothes in the hamper..I think I needed to go away more often!